Monday, August 22, 2011

Kasumi, DOA fanart

Kasumi from Dead or Alive.
I find Kasumi inspirational cause of her pretty sakura ninja outfit, and when she twirls with the petals around her to disapear-teleport or whatever. Correct me if any of you actually know what she does. I find it very pretty and gracefull. I'm not one to draw her super sexy like most fanart is drawn of her. However I'll try to draw her as pretty as I can. Even though this fanart I drew doesn't do her justice. Kasumi is my main inspiration for my original character Sakumi. Who is a fire elemented elf. I don't post many picture of Sakumi but in the future, perhaps I will.

ANYWAYS. Onto the art. The reference I found while browsing through google pictures. I found more references of Kasumi but I lost the links. Sometimes I copy and paste the reference(s) right onto the picture. Cause sometimes I find myself switching back and forth a lot just to make sure things look right.


The Lineart. Sometimes the lineart just looks much better than the finished product.


The background and the starting the skin. Sometimes I wonder what I'm thinking when I work on the skin. I tend to give it weird colors but refuse to change them until I match up the eyes and the hair to it to see how it looks.


Her outfits shading tend to show as soft pinks or purples I've notice from the references. I guess it actually depends on the artist.


Added the red trimming and the gold that I have seen in a few references.


Finished! I still think I didn't do her justice. Oh well.


I hope everyone enjoys!

No comments: